My first Writer + Director project - "Forget Me"

No comments



  Forget Me from Janet Lee Rose on Vimeo.

Film Poster
 Inspiration comes from anything: it can be the way the light dances on the water or someone on the bus whispering to their friend. Life inspires me, from these little snapshots a voice will pop up in my head, What's their story? Who's story can I tell? And then it all unravels from there, an idea sprouts and grows and changes.

With 'Forget Me' I wanted to create fond memories, a summer that is long gone but often revisited in the mind. I wanted an epic love story, something tragic. I also wanted it to be unconventional, in the narration, the characters, the plot. I was blessed to have Jazmine as my lead actress, she trusted me and allowed me to create this.

 I will cite Terrence Malick's "To The Wonder" as one my stylistic inspirations. I know it's not for everyone but the film truly moved me with it's images and narration. I wanted to create something just as eye catching and honest.  


The film transformed from a voice over to narration to a silent film with captions. I love the way it turned out and was inspired by it's theme of death, love and remembrance. From this I chose to dedicate it to my Uncle Hai who passed away this year.

Forget Me is a dedication to relationships, to how love and people can change us and to anyone who has ever lost someone.

No comments :

Post a Comment